A Masterton fire crew attended a smoke-logged home early Thursday morning after a cooking session got out of hand. The fire was out on arrival, but firefighters helped clear up the scene and made sure everything was safe.
A call came in Wednesday night shortly before 9pm of something stinky in Masterton. Responding to a report that indicated gas could be smelled at a local address, a fire crew arrived to find that the address was near a petrol station. The crew investigated the source of the smell and confirmed that everything was a-okay.
Just a tipple
Police responded to a call on Wednesday night reporting sustained shouting in a home in Lansdowne. Officers were able to speak with the resident and confirmed there were no issues – “he was just a bit intoxicated,” a police spokesperson said.
Gladstone Rd had a small blockage at about 10.10am on Thursday morning that required police intervention. Officers responded to the call and found a cow hanging about in the middle of the road. A police spokesperson confirmed that a member of the public, potentially a farmer, helped moo-ve and secure the cattle. Cow-tastrophe averted.
Stuck in a rut
Fire crews responded to a call-out for a person stuck in handcuffs on Friday at about 1 pm. There are no indications of police involvement, and while the job was in the Wellington area – we’re claiming this as one of our own as part of the Greater Wellington region.
Police were called to reports of a small fire on an empty section at the intersection of Craigmillar St and Solway Cres at about 6pm Thursday. Police suspect the fire may have been started by children. They were able to locate one of the children and were in the process of having a stern word with the parents.