About this policy
Information covered by this policy
It’s all about you
Readers are at the center of every decision we make at Wairarapa Times-Age. We collect, use, share and process your Personal Information – we promise it’s not to creep you out, but only to make your experience of the Wairarapa Times-Age Products even better. By “better” we mean, customized to you – we want to recommend stories and content we think you’ll love, and allow you to save and share the ones you do.
4. Some Personal Information is required to access the Service
The Service will only be available to you if you create a Account. When you create a Account, we ask you for basic registration information, including your name, email address and billing information, such as your credit card number, expiry date and billing address. This is the minimum information you will need to provide in order to create a Registered Account for the Service.
5. We might ask for more Personal Information
We may ask you to volunteer additional Personal Information at other times, such as when you provide opinions, post a Submission, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem with the Wairarapa Times-Age Products. You can choose not to provide us with this additional Personal Information, but it may mean that you cannot take advantage of the features, some Wairarapa Times-Age Products, contests or promotions associated with our request.
6. We automatically collect certain information
When you submit a request for support or information, Wairarapa Times-Age will keep a record of that support or information request, and the manner in which it was handled by us.
We also collect information about you as a user so we can make your experience more personal. We automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, your computer or device’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, mobile device IDs, location information derived from GPS or similar features on your mobile device (where you have enabled such features and where you have given us permission to collect this information), date/time stamp, and other generally-accepted log information. We also record page views (hit counts), and capture information about your reading behavior.
A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. However, to protect your privacy, most browsers only permit a website to access the cookies that the same website has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Wairarapa Times-Age sets and accesses our own cookies on your computer. We use them to identify you as a repeat visitor, to maintain session information for logged-in users, and to track usage trends and patterns. That helps us better understand and improve areas of the Websites.
8. When we disclose Personal Information
In general, we will not disclose Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent. However, there may be circumstances where we may need to disclose Personal Information about you to an unaffiliated third party. For instance:
- When Wairarapa Times-Age employs other third parties to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service, sending mail, processing credit card payments, processing currency conversions, or other functions necessary to our business;
- If Content Providers request additional Personal Information from us. The information practices of those publishers will be governed by their own privacy policies;
- If we are required by applicable law (or court order) to provide any of your Personal Information. We will, if permitted by applicable law or the terms of a court order, attempt to notify you via the email address you supplied when creating your Account before we respond to the request;
9. How we use and disclose Anonymous Information
“Anonymous Information” is any information other than Personal Information, including aggregated information that we derive from Personal Information. We make sure that Anonymous Information does not include any Personal Information.
Wairarapa Times-Age may use Anonymous Information:
- To deliver the Wairarapa Times-Age Products;
- To monitor traffic and general usage patterns;
- To provide you with an improved experience when using the Wairarapa Times-Age Products.
10. Your Personal Information may be transferred
In using the Wairarapa Times-Age Products, you consent to us sharing your Personal Information within Wairarapa Times-Age to the extent required to provide Wairarapa Times-Age Products to you.
11. You’re in control of your Personal Information
You have control over your Personal Information and can change your Account, Subscription information, or other information saved by us, including how much of your Personal Information is publicly available in your profile, by visiting the Website and reviewing your settings.
12. Taking security seriously
Wairarapa Times-Age uses reasonable and up-to-date security methods to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Information. We work hard to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure correct use of Personal Information.
We have answers. Feel free to email us here